9 for 2019

BWW Feature: 9 SHOWS TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2019 in San Antonio, TX
by Ashley Corbaley - January 25, 2019

2019 is The Year of Theatre in San Antonio! The several theatres in the city are offering incredible seasons with a variety of plays and musicals you just can't miss! Make 2019 your year to see as many shows as you can, I know I am! In order of opening dates, here are the 9 shows I am looking forward to seeing the most this year: 

BWW Feature: MUST-SEE MIDLANDS: TOP 10 SHOWS TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2019 in Columbia, SC
by Patrick Michael Kelly - January 18, 2019

Like most of his work, Ken Ludwig's Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery is a sure-fire crowd pleaser. Ludwig reimagines an Arthur Conan Doyle classic as a farce, complete with madcap antics and a small troupe of actors playing a multitude of memorable characters. Michael Duffy's production for Sumter Little Theatre is a great reason to check out a lovely playhouse outside of the Metro.

BWW Feature: 9 Shows To See In The Twin Cities Area In 2019
by Brett Burger - January 16, 2019

Last year I posted an article on my website about the top 10 shows I was the most excited for that would be in the Twin Cities across the 2018-2019 season. Some of them premiered in 2018 like Mamma Mia at the Ordway and, of course, the traveling production of Hamilton. However, as I look back at the least, a large majority of them are in 2019 and I'm still just as excited to see these productions as I was last year when I posted about them. Below are 9 shows that I can't wait to see in 2019!

BWW Feature: 10 FORESTILLINGER JEG SER FREM TIL at Diverse
by Maria Bruun Fanoe - January 16, 2019

Nyt ar er lig med nye forestillinger. Her far du de 10 forestillinger jeg glaeder mig mest til at se i det forste halvar af 2019. Da jeg primaert anmelder i Jylland og pa Fyn, har jeg valgt at tage udgangspunkt i forestillinger i disse omrader.

BWW Feature: 9 Shows To Look Forward to in 2019 in Jacksonville, FL
by Jordan Higginbotham - January 9, 2019

2019 is shaping up to be a great year for theatre goers in Jacksonville! Here is a list of nine shows we are looking forward to this year.

BWW Feature: 9 Shows In Santa Fe/Albuquerque To Look Forward To in 2019
by Zoe Burke - January 8, 2019

2018 was an amazing year for theatre in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, and if the proposed seasons for area theatres are any indication, 2019 is going to be a great one, too. From classic plays to super contemporary ones, and of course, a decent amount of musicals, this year has a lot for theatregoers to look forward to. Here are some productions I'm particularly excited about in the coming months.

BWW Feature: The Top 10 Upcoming Shows in Seattle I'm Excited About in 2019
by Jay Irwin - January 7, 2019

It's a whole new year with a whole new slate of fabulous theater coming to Seattle and the surrounding areas. So many exciting shows ready to thrill and astound us, make us laugh and cry. And so, I thought I'd let you in on the Top 10 shows coming up that I'm most excited about (actually 11 since I couldn't narrow it down to 10 but 'Top 10' sounded better) in chronological order.

BWW Feature: 9 Shows To Look Forward To in SWFL in 2019
by Emily Yorgey - January 7, 2019

As we welcome in 2019 in Southwest Florida, we also welcome in a very full theatre season! From many classic, much-loved Broadway shows to some newer, unique breakout productions, this season has something for everyone. Though there are many, many productions happening this season, check out 9 of the shows (listed by date so you can easily fill your calendar) I know I'm looking forward to in 2019 below.

BWW Preview: 2019 OPERA IN at Various LA Theaters
by Maria Nockin - January 8, 2019

Los Angeles Opera and Pacific Opera Projects have a number of interesting offerings for late winter and spring of 2019. LA Opera presents performances of the classic film, THE LOSER, on February 22 and 23, 2019, at The Theatre in the Ace Hotel. It will feature the West Coast premiere of Pulitzer Prize-winning composer David Lang's compelling new score.

BWW Feature: 9 Shows To Look Forward To in South Africa in 2019
by Lindsay Kruger - January 8, 2019

Fosse, Lauper, Sondheim, Lerner and Loewe: just a few of the names whose brilliant productions are gracing South African stages this year. From legendary musicals to captivating straight plays, here are 9 of the most talked about and anticipated shows to look forward to in 2019.

Finland: 9 Shows You Don't Want To Miss in 2019
by Rosanna Liuski - January 7, 2019

Questions about power and authority; stories of nostalgy; colorful, imaginative and comedic history; romance; music and humor. The 2019 theatreproductions in Finland look promising!

BWW Feature: 2019 PROMISES A YEAR OF AMAZING THEATRE ALL AROUND MAINE.
by Elaine Bard - January 6, 2019

While Maine Maine is the 12th smallest by area, the 9th least populous, and the 38th most densely populated of the 50 U.S. states, it has a rich and vibrant theatre scene comprised of Equity, Professional and Community houses.

2019's Most Anticipated Rochester Productions
by Colin Fleming-Stumpf - January 6, 2019

Happy New Year Rochester theatre-goers! It is now officially 2019, and with it a new year full of wonderful theatrical productions of all varieties on stages large-and-small across the 585. We're fortunate to live in a city with some of the most diverse and eclectic arts organizations in New York State, so I thought I'd take a minute to highlight some of the productions I'm most excited about in 2019. A couple caveats: #1, the typical theatre season runs September(ish)-June(ish), and most theatre companies haven't announced their 2019-2020 seasons yet, so this article really only encompasses the first half of 2019; and #2, my theatrical tastes and interests aren't necessarily representative of the wider theatre-going community, so this list may not reflect Rochester's most anticipated or talked-about shows on the horizon (notice RBTL's upcoming run of Hamilton didn't make the cut, not for lack of worthiness). That being said, enjoy, and as always your thoughts and feedback are welcome!

BWW Feature: What's Exciting on the Upcoming Maine Theatre Scene for 2019?
by Carla Maria Verdino-Süllwold - January 6, 2019

It is the winter doldrums here in North Country, but what better way to combat those blues than to take in an entertaining, moving, or inspiring evening at one of Maine's fine theatre companies? And if not in winter, why not plan ahead by subscribing to some of these companies or buying seats for one of the many exciting upcoming events for 2019? To assist you in your planning, BWW offers these picks of the ten productions and company repertoire to which we look forward most.

BWW Feature: 10 Shows To Look Forward To In 2019 To Warm The Valentine's Day Heart And Stir The Mind
by Herbert Paine - January 5, 2019

Theatre critic Herb Paine offers up 10 Shows in the Phoenix Metro area to look forward to in 2019 ~ to warm the heart and stir the mind.

BroadwayWorld Picks 9 Shows To Watch in 2019 for Tampa/St. Petersburg
by Deborah Bostock-Kelley - January 10, 2019

We asked our editors to pick out 9 shows to look forward to in 2019! Check out Deborah Bostock-Kelley's list of theatre to watch for Tampa/St. Petersburg!

Videos